The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzyk

How strange, both painters seem to portray the sitter as an older man ...
It was just a presentation for new visitors in the ARA and this paintings (portraits) were not finished during this opening day. I'll try to post the finished result in two + weeks

rayyan

Thank you all for the ' likes ' people. Great crowd y'all.:salute:

It is coincidental ( honest )l that this post follows Maggie's wonderful 'around Beijing' images.;)

Nikon for lanscapes, they said. Leica for street they added, after an afterthought.

All this is very confusing to me. Besides my medications, credit card and passport; I really don't like to remember anything I carry..when traveling. A camera and a lens. I travel with what I wear. Buy and leave behind everything else from local shops. Return with what I left with.That is enough to tax my memory.

The net net of all this seems to be that I end up using the wrong camera for the right purpose.

Rural China. Not cities. Rural..I mean village living. Saw maybe 2 pair of tourists whiz far down on a scooter. The noise from that machine disturbed the village.

Woke upto a farmer's flute. Stepped out in the farm. Dawn breaks. Hear birds. In the distance I see an eagle or a hawk or something. No, not a plane. My hearing is ok. My eyesight is weakening...

Raise the rangefinder to my eye-level. Squint. Click. I must have forgotten to check the current f-stop, ss. iso!! iso?
Lens? The one i use for street. 50mm.

Who cares? I don't. I am on holiday. Not to be tested for dementia.

DanielDuarte

When did 24MP become "small"? My recent purchase has been scoffed at by my fellow colleagues all working with A7RII's.

M240 / 35 Cron ASPH

Last edited:

frontosa

Workshop Member
2 weeks ago, we drove from southern California to St. George, Utah to explore Pine Valley. Clouds were awesome but it started to rain before we could explore the whole area. Once it started raining, we left and visited Red Cliff Recreation Area - small waterfall with pools.

Maggie O

Terra-Cotta Warriors, Pit Number One, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Terra-Cotta Horse And Warrior, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Photographing The General, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Original Condition Terra-Cotta Warriors, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Fashionistas, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Cat, The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Translation Stone, The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Safety, The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Prayer Clock, The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Water Lillies, The Great Mosque Of Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pouring Water Into The Cauldron, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Roasting Potatoes, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Cinders, Fire And Wok, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Lamb Butchery, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Cauldron Fires, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pepper Grinders, Muslim Quarter, Xi'an, May 19, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.