The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out for a walk with the M262 & Noctilux by the seaside. The bay in pictures used to be frozen shut this time of the year some 20-30 years ago, but these days it's a rare treat. Such has been the climate change.. we're not getting decent winters anymore in the south-west of Finland. This year it looks like temps are starting to drop after new year, so we actually might have some sort of winter for a few weeks.

L1000202.jpg

I guess swimming isn't allowed for dogs during winter times... Actually during summer times, this is dry land & it's forbidden to take the dogs to this beach.

L1000203.jpg

These both shots were fired with the Nocti wide open @0.95. What I've come to realize is, that I need to start using the wide open effect less often. It creates CA & fringing almost everywhere. And at times it really doesn't clean up well, as evident in the second photo. I read the warnings & experiences, but in the end.. live and learn :facesmack::ROTFL:

Mike Woods

Went out for a walk with the M262 & Noctilux by the seaside. The bay in pictures used to These both shots were fired with the Nocti wide open @0.95. What I've come to realize is, that I need to start using the wide open effect less often. It creates CA & fringing almost everywhere. And at times it really doesn't clean up well, as evident in the second photo. I read the warnings & experiences, but in the end.. live and learn :facesmack::ROTFL:
What I found with the Noct is that whilst its forte might be at 0.95, you shouldn't be afraid to shoot at around f4-f5.6. Personally I think it draws beautifully at those apertures.

Mike

Jan

Hat Yai, Thailand.

The floating market is only held from Friday until Sunday and so we missed out. This image was taken during rainfall, hence the umbrella brought in, in the middle of the frame. Some boats took a heavy hit due to the monsoon season, during our stay it rained most of the times.

Leica M-P
35/2 ASPH somewhere around f/10

Status
Not open for further replies.