The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffSD

Hi, gang. I'm pretty new here at GetDPI.

I'm a long-time Nikon film and digital shooter who picked up a Leica M240 a couple of years ago. As I mentioned in the "Is Leica Really Just a Street / People System?" thread, I got the Leica as a high quality travel kit for City photography. But the more I use it, the more I find myself pulling it out for the type of outdoor shooting that has, traditionally, been the domain of my Nikon gear.

I wanted to share a couple of shots of the street and waterscape varieties. The first is a traditional New York street scene, made with the 50mm Summilux.

Attachments

JeffSD

The second is a long exposure made with a 90mm Elmarit at San Diego's Balboa Park lily pond. It was done with a Gitzo tripod, a Really Right Stuff base plate for the M240 and a remote shutter release.

Cheers,
Jeff

Attachments

Robert Campbell

Organising things a bit, came across this. It's from a year ago; taken with the MATE "at 50 mm" and about which I have posted a separate question.

scott kirkpatrick

:)

M9-P,35/1.4 Lux Asph.,edited PS CS 5.1 and SE Pro2..
Question about the cool texture in the foreground. Those look like ski tracks over a mogul field, but the sparse tufts of grass suggest that it is wind-blown snow over very bumpy ground, maybe pasture. What is the setting?

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.