The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I HEART 28mm Summicron!!

chocy

Hey guys, I am new here but I have been following guy around bunch of forums
thanks to guy's epidemic gear addiction,
I am now here with a M8 and a new lens, 28mm SUMMICRON!!!

anyway I had this new lens for a week and I have to say wow!!

Anyway here is pic with M8 and 28mm Summicron finding my silly wife.

Thanks guys and I hope to learn more from you!!

Last edited:

Terry

Welcome Chocy,
I've been sort of wrapped up in D700 fever this weekend so I haven't given my 28 cron a hug recently. I love that lens as well.

Congratulations- Definitely one of the finest lenses made and a great combo with the M8 as your lovely portrait shows. best....Peter

Bébèrt

For those who can't (won't) pay for the (supurb) Leica Summicron.
(I own the screw mount model of this lens - Voigtlander Ultron 28/1.9)

○ focal length / 28 mm
○ aperture ratio / 1:2
○ minimum aperture / F22
○ lens configuration / 8 group
○ angle of 10 CD / 75 °
○ number of blade aperture / 10 CDs
○ shortest distance shooting / 0.7 m
○ meter distance range of interlocking / ∞ ~ 0.7 m
○ diameter × maximum total length / φ55 × 51,2 mm
○ filter size / φ46 ○ Weight / 244g
○ Mount / VM mount

Suggested retail prices (excluding tax)
Lens body of 75,000 yen

August 5, 2006 Release

chocy

Yeah I found out about that lens after I made my purchase!!.
If I knew, I might not have bought the cron.

I really hope it isn't as good.... LOL

Stuart Richardson

I had the 28/1.9 and the 28/2 ASPH -- you're safe, don't worry. While the CV is a very good lens, the 28/2 is really in a class of its own. I would be interested to see how the 28/2 voigtlander is though. I wonder if it is any better than the 28/1.9, which was the best voigtlander lens I have used (other than the 100m f/2 Makro Planar ;))

Random picture from the 28/2...nothing fancy:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Chocy! Yes, the 28 Cron is one of my more permanent "body caps" on the M8. While very sharp, it doesn't render as harshly as most of the newest Asph M glass, and is more similar to my Pre-Asph 50 Lux or 35 Pre-Asph Cron. Also FWIW, the 21 Asph is in the same league as the 28 Cron as respects rederings :D

chocy

Noooooo..

I must resist 21....hmmm

haha

all the jokes aside. I had to let go of my 21 biogon because I thought I spent too much (I mean seriously geeish!!) on the lens and focal length although different wasn't too far from 28. (I also have CV 15mm) so I let that one go.... but 21 ASPH!! hmmm Noooo!!!

but about that 50 lux pre-ASPH....