The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Italian colors and textures with the M8

Very nice, plus the additional door/lock photos in your link are also very good. I love the colors, textures, weathering, construction, etc. of old doors and locks. I can't help but be drawn into thought of the people inside and weather outside those doors through the years. Your photos do a great job of evoking thought.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I shot entirely too many doors in Germany! And, these shots are much better than mine...

Nice work.

David

jonoslack

Lovely Vieri
for me, you are the king of the door.

I've been slipping sideways recently, and looking at the plasterwork next to the doors.

Here are a couple from Chania (Crete)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Beautiful! Great color. Makes me want to visit.

It reminded me of one of my own shots. Not in the same league as yours, but maybe similar in theme. The location isn't very exotic, it's the old strap hinge on my woodshed door.

LJL

Vieri,
You have some really great shots here. Just love the textures, colors, contrasts. Very, very nice.

LJ

LJL

Jono,
When I saw that first yellow and blue plasterwork shot, I wondered if Jay Maisel was now shooting Leica ;-) Outstanding. The colors and texture just keep pulling me into that shot.

LJ

P.S. No offense meant on the Jay comment. I love his work, and your single shot here easily challenges some of his wonderful efforts. Keep after it.

LJL

Tim,
This does have that "early American" look of New England. Love the textures you have brought out. That rustic look is hard to pass up. Great shot.

LJ

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks LJL. But I think I need to insert an "oops" here. I just re-read the subject heading for the OP and realized the pix were maybe meant to be captured with an M8. Mine isn't. Sorry!

(Nikon D2xs +70-200 handheld)

Last edited:

LJL

Thanks LJL. But I think I need to insert an "oops" here. I just re-read the subject heading for the OP and realized the pix were maybe meant to be captured with an M8. Mine isn't. Sorry!

(Nikon D2xs +70-200 handheld)
...and it is not Italy either....but who cares....nice seeing great imagery.;)

LJ

vieri

Thank you everyone for viewing and for the very nice comments! Very much appreciated - Jono, nice work on the walls, I also have a walls series going on on pbase here:

Walls

Thanks again to all!