The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Shots with my nice silver M9p

D&A

Well Jono, if my previous "dog angle" didn't work, I'll have to somehow come up with some other infraction of the law you're guilty of. I can't believe I can't trump up some fictitious story that won't have you begging me to take that horrendous looking silver M9-P off your hand. Maybe you can help me come up with something good? :)

Dave (D&A)

gmargo

Jono,
I am fairly new in this world of digital photography, and have tried to avert my eyes when Leica comes up for fear of being tempted. These shots help me to understand that the danger is real! What a wonderful quality of light and colour in these photographs. Enjoy your new camera.
Geof

Knorp

Gorgeous cam and boy am I jealous :D
I'm opting for the conversion later this year in October.

:OT: but Jono, you ought to explain those 90'cron shots :confused:

Happy shooting.

Mike Woods

Very nice Jono. I'm still kicking myself for not taking the plunge on your grey M9 :deadhorse:

All the best

Mike

ashwinrao1

That is truly a beaut, Jono. Congrats on the M9-P, Jono. They are not widely available here yet, and I plan to wait on whatever upgrade plan is available and let the lustre wear off prior to throwing more money at Leica LOL...until then, it'll be second hand enjoyment , and these truly are the highest example ;)

Best,
Ashwin

jonoslack

Ashwin, Kristian, Mike, Mike, Kavalliano
Thank you - Mike - sorry you didn't bite, but it's gone to a very good home.

Ashwin - I dithered about it, but it's cost me about the same amount as the upgrade to change the camera, so that isn't too bad.

all the best

David K

Workshop Member
Curious about the references to the "upgrade"... Does Leica have such a program or is it still at the rumor stage??

leicashot

Hope Jono doesn't mind, I'll add some pictures from my first day shooting my M9-P....stalked Mr.Superman for a while on Hollywood Boulevard. He's the original and been there for over 20 years. Some of you may have seen his documentary.

I took advantage of the nice late afternoon sun streaking down the boulevard

All with the Leica M9-P and Nokton 35/1.2 - first and last Superman pics wide open at 1.2, other wise all at f/8 i think.

and a couple of others

Seascape

Very nice Nokton 35 1.2 images Leicashot, better saturation and contrast than I've seen before........must the that "P" (for punchy) in the M9 :rolleyes:

T

thinkfloyd

Me likey. :)

@leicashot: I love the Superman/Spiderman staredown shot! Awesome!

leicashot

Very nice Nokton 35 1.2 images Leicashot, better saturation and contrast than I've seen before........must the that "P" (for punchy) in the M9 :rolleyes:
The Nokton works wonderfully well on the M9. Its my favourite 35mm lens and was as sharp as the Biogon-C (at 2.8) I owned at the same time, except without the terrible vignetting. At 1.2 it's character is very nice.

jonoslack

HI Kristian
You're welcome to join in (as is anyone else with a nice new M9p!)
Great superman shots - what a weird job, and I think he may have washed his costume a bit vigorously (the padding looks a bit lumpy).
Is it the new version of the Nokton or the old version?

all the best

leicashot

HI Kristian
You're welcome to join in (as is anyone else with a nice new M9p!)
Great superman shots - what a weird job, and I think he may have washed his costume a bit vigorously (the padding looks a bit lumpy).
Is it the new version of the Nokton or the old version?

all the best
Still the old version, but a newly pickup up copy. I am first on the US list for the mark II so awaiting eagerly