The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Shots with my nice silver M9p

jonoslack

Still the old version, but a newly pickup up copy. I am first on the US list for the mark II so awaiting eagerly
Well, I hope it's a winner. I'm in the bizarre situation of not really having any M lens lust right now (oh, except for the 135 f3.4, but that can wait). Just enjoying the ones I have: Favorites are the 75 'cron and the WATE (and of course the Noctilux).

leicashot

Well, I hope it's a winner. I'm in the bizarre situation of not really having any M lens lust right now (oh, except for the 135 f3.4, but that can wait). Just enjoying the ones I have: Favorites are the 75 'cron and the WATE (and of course the Noctilux).
Well you should be content with them. I doubt VC can better the current/discontinued model

D&A

Well you should be content with them. I doubt VC can better the current/discontinued model
I could be wrong, but I think Cosina wil be quite happy if they can match the old one in optical performance and image characteristics, in a slightly smaller and lighter package. Other than that, it's been a long time favorite of mine too.

Kristian, I've been meaning to ask...is your new M9-P silver or black?

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

leicashot

I could be wrong, but I think Cosina wil be quite happy if they can match the old one in optical performance and image characteristics, in a slightly smaller and lighter package. Other than that, it's been a long time favorite of mine too.

Kristian, I've been meaning to ask...is your new M9-P silver or chrome?

Dave (D&A)
It's a chrome actually. I've always only owned chromes except for my old M8 which was black. As much as I like to be inconspicuous I enjoy looking at the chrome shine in the sun :D

My first Leica was a chrome, so I guess it's just stuck. I've never owned 2 bodies at once, or I'd have once of each, cause the black is mighty sweet too, especially in black paint, VS black chrome.

D&A

It's a chrome actually. I've always only owned chromes except for my old M8 which was black. As much as I like to be inconspicuous I enjoy looking at the chrome shine in the sun :D

My first Leica was a chrome, so I guess it's just stuck. I've never owned 2 bodies at once, or I'd have once of each, cause the black is mighty sweet too, especially in black paint, VS black chrome.
LOL...My original question to you (above), was to ask if you had silver or chrome. What I meant to say was "silver or BLACK"? (I already fixed that typo)!

Silver, nice and agree, if one used 2 bodies, it would be a silver and black paint. Hmmm, your black VC 35 f1.2 would look lovely on my Gray M9 while my silver VC 35mm f1.2 would look nice on your silver M 9-P. Since no doubt we'll be holding onto our respective lenses, I think a swap of bodies are in order (just trying to be a help out a good friend):angel:

Dave (D&A)

leicashot

LOL...My original question to you (above), was to ask if you had silver or chrome. What I meant to say was "silver or BLACK"? (I already fixed that typo)!

Silver, nice and agree, if one used 2 bodies, it would be a silver and black paint. Hmmm, your black VC 35 f1.2 would look lovely on my Gray M9 while my silver VC 35mm f1.2 would look nice on your silver M 9-P. Since no doubt we'll be holding onto our respective lenses, I think a swap of bodies are in order (just trying to be a help out a good friend):angel:

Dave (D&A)
thats a nice offer buddy but can't possibly take advantage of you ;)

jonoslack

hi jono,
beautiful camera, at least the front view. did they do something about the cheapo looking plasticky control button on the rear?
peter
HI Peter
Nice to hear from you-hope you're well.
Same old rear wheel - quite agree, it could be better.

all the best

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Kristian, feeling more stealth-like now that you've been sporting the new version for a few days? ;)

Kurt

leicashot

Kristian, feeling more stealth-like now that you've been sporting the new version for a few days? ;)

Kurt
With the chrome, who knows, but here in Hollywood, I'll be honest. its a good conversation starter when someone sees a Leica, and the chrome does grab more attention than a black would.

As much as the camera is functional, I can't help but enjoy looking at my shiny M9-P. My first M camera was chrome, so it's always been my favourite.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Interesting, since it's Hollywood, I'm guessing that getting noticed by your subjects might be more important there than many other locations? Or is that the case more for photographers that serve as paparazzi?

leicashot

Interesting, since it's Hollywood, I'm guessing that getting noticed by your subjects might be more important there than many other locations? Or is that the case more for photographers that serve as paparazzi?
Well seeing I don't work in Paparazzi circles I can't speak for them, although Paparazzi is no longer a long lens affair. They stalk and then intrude into the personal space of 2-3 feet sometimes of celebrities, and I see them often at my local part stalking them there. They really are scum!

For me, being noticed by celebrities isn't a bad thing, especially cause they're mostly aware of the Leica camera these days. They're all jumping on the wagon ;)

Double Negative

Not Available
I've seen the paparazzo in action... Let's just say I don't blame the subjects for decking them occasionally. They seem like they deserve it. ;)

As for the celebs getting on the bandwagon, that explains a fair bit, actually...

leicashot

I've seen the paparazzo in action... Let's just say I don't blame the subjects for decking them occasionally. They seem like they deserve it. ;)

As for the celebs getting on the bandwagon, that explains a fair bit, actually...
When people ask me if I'm Paparazzi, I respond with "Do I look like an A-hole?"

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Good luck with it Jono. The M9P has to me seductive good looks and I hope the M10 when released will follow in that path.