The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Noctilux 0.95 Unplugged

Double Negative

Not Available
If the Leica gods are willing, I'll have one of these babies before the year is out. It's still just a chance, but one has to have... Hope. Yeah, that's it. :)

ronjh

Thanks Ashwin and Steve.
@Double Negative, wish you the best on your hunt for one. You won't be disappointed. For me, it feels very comfortable for some unexplained reason. I loved the 35 lux FLE, but this is the best lens I've had so far, and I've had all the fast ones.

D&A

Would love one of these..hopefully someday :)

Ron, did you notice in your groupings of images above, the gentleman in the restaurant reading the newspaper is in style! Just look how similar his hat is to the one on the window manaquin...love it!

DN, good luck in your quest for the Noct. I hope it works out. Keep us posted!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Woohoo! Finally got... The Call. Yep, it's en-route. Can't wait! :)
LOL, thats what most minor league ball plays say when they're called up to the big leagues mid-season as they exclaim "I finally got the call"...except it's them thats "en-route"...LOL!

Thats exciting news and no doubt you're going to find all sorts of new vistas to exploit its wonderful and unique traits. Looking forward to seeing some images! Excitings time for you indeed.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Knorp

Woohoo! Finally got... The Call. Yep, it's en-route. Can't wait! :)
Congrats Michael ! That's exiting news and I remember very well when I got "The Call". I was thrilled to bits !
One warning though, I had to sent in both Noct and M9 for proper calibration, but the combo works like a charm now.

Happy shooting.

jonoslack

Congratulations Mike
I'm still feeling the buzz . . . erm..... 18 months on?
The Painter's husband

and the painter herself

Double Negative

Not Available
LOL, Dave!

Thanks a lot, everyone! :)

I think only the excitement of the M9 compared. I've been itching for a Noctilux for years, then the ASPH came out and I was waffling even more... Almost had one in December but what's a couple more months? At last!

I'm pretty confident the M9 is working dead-on especially since I picked up the Walter RX Eyepiece. We'll see how it works out with the Noctilux. Keeping my fingers crossed!

ohnri

Great thread.

My favorite M9 lens is undoubtedly my Noct f/1.

The 0.95 Noct is, of course, amazing and I'll soon be shooting with the also amazing SLR Magic T/0.95 50mm on my M9.

For something different, you can see real sports photos shot with a Noct on a M9 in Southern California.

Anyone in Los Angeles on April 12 can enjoy food and drinks at my gallery opening. My photos will be on display for a month but the free ethanol and hord'vours are opening night only.

I took the MMA fight photos with my M9 and Noct with a couple of 21mm 'lux shots thrown in.

For the fashion imagery of the fighters and models I mostly went with my D3x.

Come to my Exhibition:
COLLISION: Fashion meets Fighting
At the:
Hatakeyama Gallery
905 S Hill St, Los Angeles
April 12 at 6:30 PM
Jump start Art Walk LA and
See kick *** fighting and fashion photos

Love the Noct !!

Best,

Bill

Double Negative

Not Available
Oh, happy day! I should be seeing 'OUT FOR DELIVERY' any time now. :)

EDIT: ARGH! The dreaded "Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity" delay.

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
Use HTS 9902.23.51.
A little late now... I just told them (admittedly in a somewhat irritated voice) "it's a lens - made of aluminum and glass!" All good. It was squarely in the hands of customs, to be fair to FedEx... Who went out of their way to not only re-route the package to my house but also provide Saturday delivery.

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks Paul, yeah - she's a beauty! Yesterday was my first real chance to take it out for a spin. Naturally I regretted not getting an ND filter ahead of time right away. The camera was pegged at 1/4000s for a while there... Heh.

The images are most impressive - sharp even wide open... But the isolation! Sweet. Like any super fast lenses though, there's some serious purple fringing going on though under the right conditions. All good; it is what it is.

I should have a round of shots up later in the week. For now... <swoon> :D

jonoslack

Thanks Paul, yeah - she's a beauty! Yesterday was my first real chance to take it out for a spin. Naturally I regretted not getting an ND filter ahead of time right away. The camera was pegged at 1/4000s for a while there... Heh.

The images are most impressive - sharp even wide open... But the isolation! Sweet. Like any super fast lenses though, there's some serious purple fringing going on though under the right conditions. All good; it is what it is.

Congratulations - I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine
off to a gig tonight :)

D&A

Fantastic! Glad it arrived safe and sound. Everyone has their own style when shooting the Noct (both the f1 and 0.95 versions) and it's always facinating to see images that uniquely demonstrate the characteristics of these lenses. Congrads!

Dave (D&A)