The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Noctilux 0.95 Unplugged

Double Negative

Not Available
Congratulations - I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine
off to a gig tonight :)
Thanks, J! Ahh, nice! The perfect application for it. I was in an old English pub in town yesterday and did some quick shooting there. But I haven't had a chance to look at the pics yet. It's a little scary at first, with an M9/Noct hanging around your neck and lots of people with beer glasses (myself included) standing around. It's all good. I didn't buy the stuff to look at it. :)

Fantastic! Glad it arrived safe and sound. Everyone has their own style when shooting the Noct (both the f1 and 0.95 versions) and it's always facinating to see images that uniquely demonstrate the characteristics of these lenses. Congrads!
Thanks, D! Yeah, you know how it is. Waiting for that big ticket item... Even three days is an eternity. Heh. Totally worth the "wait" though (I have to say, I got pretty lucky as it was <3m total).

I'm a slut for fast glass, I admit it. And if you're going to buy a lens like this, it really must be shot at/near wide open otherwise it's pointless to own...

I picked up the CV 50mm f/1.1 Nokton last year and while it's okay wide open, between the sharpness and bokeh I wasn't really feeling it. It needs to be shot a half or full stop down, IMO. That being the case, I could just use the Summilux and be a lot happier. So it's up for sale - after I do a head-to-head with the Nocti for fun and profit on La Vida Leica. :p

Double Negative

Not Available
Hey, quick question. What's everyone's favorite ND filter?

I was originally thinking of a Hoya Pro 1 as they have a good variety of densities, but alas - they don't come in 60mm. Which is okay, as I prefer B+W/Heliopan anyway... But they only offer 1, 2 and 3 stops before jumping off the charts with some really dark ones. Though I think that might be alright - as I find a 3-stop filter really not quite enough.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna go for a 6-stop. Trick now is to find one in stock somewhere...

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
If anyone cares, I ended up jumping on an old-school B+W .9/8x #103 filter from the 'bay. Hey, for $29 I wasn't going to argue (or hesitate). It's got the "fat" ring before they went all slim on us... And likely isn't MRC.

Go figure, I totally snoozed and missed out on the 3/6 stop filters recently in the classifieds. But if anyone out there's got a 6-stop, drop me a PM.

Knorp

Hi Michael,

I'm using a B+W 0.9 and a Heliopan 0.6, both slim-lines.
FWIW I like the Heliopan best, because it holds the lens cap better.

Kind regards.

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks, Bart! Good to know.

I'm tempted by the B+W since it's the only one that seems to be available in a multi-coated version whereas the Heliopans (and darker B+W) aren't. A little weird that they're single-coated...

Double Negative

Not Available
I got a B+W F-Pro 0.9 (because it was available). Seems to work fine so far.
Truth be told, I picked up an "old school" B+W 3-stop (.9/8x) off the 'bay for $29. Wasn't going to argue (or hesitate) on that one. I doubt it's MRC (isn't labeled as such either) and has the "fat frame" before they went all slim. It'll hold me over until I pick up a proper 6-stop.

I'd still love to know why they only make single-coated filters in some (mostly darker) densities though. Seems weird.

Knorp

B+W 1.8 (6-stops) and 3.0 (10-stops) come both in single and multi-coated versions.
Don't know about Heliopan.

Double Negative

Not Available
B+W 1.8 (6-stops) and 3.0 (10-stops) come both in single and multi-coated versions.
Don't know about Heliopan.
Thanks, yeah - that 1.8 is the one I'm actually after. Of course, they're in stock, like, nowhere.

Heliopan has two more densities in between 3 and 6 stops but none are MC.