The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Band shoot

vieri

Seminal Turkish rock band Bulutsuzluk Ozlemi, shot in Kayseri, Turkey, with a MP, 2/35 v. IV, Neopan 1600 @ 1600 developed in 510-Pyro, scanned with Nikon Coolscan 5000.

C&C as always are very welcome.

HansAlbert

limerick

Vieri, I hope you don't mind a little whimsical joke:

You see here five rockers in Turkey
(desiring a sky that's not murky),
with their bike that they got
in exchange for a shot.
So some of them look again perky.

HansAlbert

The pic has crossed my mind, time and again, and I asked myself whether it would win if we could see the ground whereon they stand. A comparison would be interesting, but I still think, the image is good as it is now. No unnecessary distraction, but concentration on the men's different looks, on their situation of being somehow imprisoned by the rocks, and on the bike as the opposite bizarre element creating the impression of an ease of being.

In comparison with other virtuous, inventive, trendy, and loud pics which draw attention to their protagonists quasi by means of flavour enhancers and which conform with the market requirements by an obsessive striving for being the center of interest Vieri's pic is much more self-effacing, both, as to the photographer and the protagonists. Its gesture is more inviting than arousing the must-have reflex. The artists preserve their individual diversity, and they don't appear as hiding behind a false mask. So they seem to be more credible and, I suppose, more in accordance with their songs.