The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9-P available in black & chrome

Vlad

At Willoughby's in NYC. They have one black currently in stock and a chrome M9-P coming this afternoon.

Good luck.

leicashot

They seem to be quite easy to get. I know I was one of the first but they seem to be trickling in and very few M9-er's seem to be upgrading. I really don't see the point anyway as the upgrade program will cost less.

Vlad

They seem to be quite easy to get. I know I was one of the first but they seem to be trickling in and very few M9-er's seem to be upgrading. I really don't see the point anyway as the upgrade program will cost less.
Oh I see, I was not aware of the availability. Just supposed they were not that easy to come by.

leicashot

Well they're 'easy' to come by, just not that difficult. B&H listed some on their website last week and they sold out in about 30 minutes. It was good of you to post this though.

Vlad

I inquired again and the chrome version appears to be only sold as a package deal with two lenses, a 50 and a 35. Beats me why, just relaying the info.

S

Seafurydriver

I don't think the chrome M9-Ps are easy to get at all. As I understand it the first batch of 1500 was built 50-50 between the black and chrome versions, even though advanced orders have heavily favored the chrome version. According to some dealers I have talked with chrome is outselling black by 10:1. It's true that a few have appeared on the B&H and Amazon websites, but they have sold out very quickly.

My dealer so far has received exactly ONE chrome M9-P, which I was lucky enough to get.

S

Seafurydriver

I inquired again and the chrome version appears to be only sold as a package deal with two lenses, a 50 and a 35. Beats me why, just relaying the info.
There are plenty of Leica dealers who will add you to their waiting list for a chrome M9-P at MSRP without having to purchase bundled items.

leicashot

Well considering there was no chrome M9, chrome being more popular doesn't surprise me. I wasn't given a choice. Chrome, or wait for black.....

B

bobby novatron

Amazing camera! Nice to see so much interest in the M9-P.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I got to see both chrome & black M9-P's in the wild at the weekend. Both looked great but the chrome one was definitely the M9 that Leica should have released on day one. It was beautiful, especially with a silver lens on it.

Now I'm saving up for the chrome M9-P war chest again ...