The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Funny thing happened while ordering a 50mm lux!

thrice

I got my chrome 50 lux asph 2 weeks after ordering with Camera West.

I do find the inflated prices funny, even funnier that people pay them for used glass :p

Enjoy your 50 lux asph, it is a magic lens :)

I do find the inflated prices funny, even funnier that people pay them for used glass :p

I guess whatever the market will bear :wtf:

Hopefully the increased capacity Leica is bringing online will help bring the used market pricing down out of the stratosphere...

thrice

I suppose if you have more money than patience then the used pricing is fine.

I'll be happy when production kicks up and I can get my 35 lux and 21 super-elmar. I'm patient, I can wait for that day. Can still take perfectly adequate photographs with my ZM's and voigtlanders.

D&A

Dan, I know your landscape work, so that's one hell of an understatement :ROTFL:

Mike
+1 to that! Goes once again to illustrate that there is no substitute (not even the worlds most expensive lenses) to understanding the various disciplines of photography, in order to makes strong and memorable photographs.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Hosermage

This is great news for me, since I'll be in the market for a 35mm lux. I love that there are at least two for sale in the forum and aren't being snatched up right away. Back to realistic prices!

mtomalty

Thanks for the story,Joe.
Nice to hear a positive Leica M supply story for a change.

Any idea how many 50 Lux's they actually received.

Since you seem to be a regular there,do they have a good inventory of other
M lenses?
I'm just waiting for a condo sale to close at which point I'll be in the market
for a major M buy-in (2 bodies and 4-5 lenses)
Locally,it's going to be tough to fulfill in a reasonable time frame so,based on the
positive vibe your store is getting on this thread I may just look south of the
border

Best,
Mark

Thanks for the story,Joe.
Nice to hear a positive Leica M supply story for a change.

Any idea how many 50 Lux's they actually received.

Since you seem to be a regular there,do they have a good inventory of other
M lenses?
I'm just waiting for a condo sale to close at which point I'll be in the market
for a major M buy-in (2 bodies and 4-5 lenses)
Locally,it's going to be tough to fulfill in a reasonable time frame so,based on the
positive vibe your store is getting on this thread I may just look south of the
border

Best,
Mark
Hey Mark;

I just picked up the 50mm lux today and put down a deposit on a 35mm cron while I was there. They said the cron shouldn't be too long but the 35mm lux is on a waiting list.

Best thing is to put down a deposit and you have the best chance of getting one - otherwise it's hit and miss.

Good luck with your purchases.

Joe

This is great news for me, since I'll be in the market for a 35mm lux. I love that there are at least two for sale in the forum and aren't being snatched up right away. Back to realistic prices!
Yeah - I hope the used market is cooling off - I would like to pick up a used 90mm f2 and maybe a 24mm myself ;-)

Good luck!

E

enenrf

I bought my 50 lux asph chrome at $4500. My dealer told me last time he saw the chrome one was two years ago.

Crying.