The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portable field storage

TimWright

Problem with the iPhone is first I can't get one here in Canada:thumbdown: but also the edge network. I used my Blackberry here on it and it was way too slow. I ended up getting an HTC tytnII running windows mobile. Touch screen with a slide out keyboard that puts the unit in landscape. The big thing is it is 3G and also the new HSDPA which we have here. It is very fast but likely as soon as the iPhone comes here I will get one. I have an ipod Touch and think it is great.

robsteve

Subscriber
Tim:

I just saw an ad on cable TV for the iPhone in Canada. The ad referred you to a web page. I will see if I can find the address.

It looks like somebody has bought a bunch from the USA and unlocked them. They were not cheap though. I think it was $689 for the 8gb model.

Buying an iPhone in Canada will be the cheapest part. I don't think there are any unlimited data plans.

Robert

Robert

Last edited:

TimWright

Tim:

I just saw an ad on cable TV for the iPhone in Canada. The ad referred you to a web page. I will see if I can find the address.

It looks like somebody has bought a bunch from the USA and unlocked them. They were not cheap though. I think it was $689 for the 8gb model.

Buying an iPhone in Canada will be the cheapest part. I don't think there are any unlimited data plans.

Robert

Robert
Hi

It is not hard to get an unlocked phone there are dealers here in Montreal with them. I just can't be bothered having to unlock it every time there is an update. Also 8 gig just isn't enough. I find my 16 gig touch a limitation. And your right about the data plans hopefully enough people are complaining and something will be done about it.

carstenw

By the way, the edge network is more like edge++, and it is meant to be bearable. I have tried it, and it seemed okay. Not fast, but better than 2G.