The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Soft release for M8.2 is different than M8

zyl8tr

I thought that the thread for the shutter button would be the same for M8, M8.2 and M9. My mini bug that fits perfectly on my M8 doesn't fit my M8.2. Does anyone else have this problem?

seakayaker

The Match Technical Soft Release that I had on my M8.2 fit my M9. No experience with the M8 since I did not own one but I would have to believe it had the same shutter release as the M8.2.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
The thread is the same ..I have 3 M8s,M8.2 and M9 s and all the soft releases work . A guess would be that you slightly misthread the soft release ..could be a problem with the M8 ,the soft release or just how you threaded it. Doesn t matter ...you should pitch your soft release and buy a new one . If a new one thats never been threaded doesn t work ..its the M9 thread ..which would not be good news.