The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M Lenses on anything other then a Leica

jonoslack

I got a WATE last night and wanted to try it out. I can see vignette at 16mm, but it could easily be fixed in post. I have not tried it out enough to draw any conclusions, but so far I'm happy.
Sony NEX 5N and Leica Tri-Elmar at 16mm
Hi Cindy - Congratulations on the WATE - nice photo too
It seems to work well doesn't it - I haven't done anything serious, but I took a few shots and they all seemed to come out pretty good.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Jono. I haven't had time to get out with it again, but yes, it seems to work great. There is a little vignette which could be easily fixed in post. I was expecting to have to use cornerfix, and am really happy to find that there is no color shift.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
VERY nice Cindy! I've been thinking the WATE just mite be the perfect lens for the 5N. Thanks for showing how well it works. I look forward to seeing more images with it as you get the chance to post.

Braeside

+1 Matt - Those are fine shots indeed Ashwin & David

+1 Chuck - Ashwin - you're doing grand stuff with that GXR.
Thanks Jono, I'm having a ball with the GXR + A12 Mount.

I took the GXR + A12M + CV Heliar 75.2.5 to a concert last night. It was ideal as I could stick it in my coat pocket. Quite pleased with the results, taken from about 4 rows back in the stalls. Cropped a little. Colour was fine, but I preferred the mono conversion.

The Brilliant Bill Bailey was on top form.:salute:

Hausen

Hi, don't mean to get off subject here but I have found myself not using my M9 as much as I used to, been shooting B&W film mainly and have been intrigued with the GXR M Mount. Some of the images I see here with GXR + Leica glass really surprise me. The $64k question is would I be happy replacing M9 with a GXR A12 M Mount? Would run in conjunction with M6 + Xpan?

m_driscoll

Thanks Jono, I'm having a ball with the GXR + A12 Mount.

I took the GXR + A12M + CV Heliar 75.2.5 to a concert last night. It was ideal as I could stick it in my coat pocket. Quite pleased with the results, taken from about 4 rows back in the stalls. Cropped a little. Colour was fine, but I preferred the mono conversion.

The Brilliant Bill Bailey was on top form.:salute:
David: Great capture! Beautiful B & W pp, too. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

GXR pics, using a 35 summilux FLE, Zeiss Sonnar C-50, and Contax Sonnar 90 c-2.8 M mount converted lens....from the UW-Washington State Rivalry game, "The Apple Cup"....

d.clin.design

Here are some fun pics I took at the local Barnes & Noble while waiting for the kids to pick their books.

I wanted to see how well the wife's GF2 does with the f/0.95 Noctilux.

Title: Ice Fishing

Title: Focus Grover, Focus

Title: Beany Bunch

You can see the flickr set here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dclindesign/sets/72157628185968823/
I'll be adding more to the set as I slap more M lenses on this camera. I will also be doing a write up on my blogs about the GF2 and good old Leica lenses. I know it's old news, but still a pretty good camera!!

m_driscoll

GXR pics, using a 35 summilux FLE, Zeiss Sonnar C-50, and Contax Sonnar 90 c-2.8 M mount converted lens....from the UW-Washington State Rivalry game, "The Apple Cup"....

Ashwin: Good move bringing your camera! These are terrific. You're right in the thick of it. The Apple Cup, Governor, and the Husky are great; but, the compositions, lines and rhythm of these two are special. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com