The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Movie Look?

d.clin.design

I had a street shoot outing yesterday and came up with a few pictures that was begging for some color treatment. So, I wrote a little article about color correction in photos for the movie look to enhance drama and story telling.
You can see the article here:

http://dclindesign.com/2011/10/10/leica-movie-look/

I'm just curious what's everyone's thought on this? How much color correction is too much? Does it detract from the Leica Look or enhance it?

ashwinrao1

Nice images. Love the clarity and slight desat look. Overall, I feel that they add to the look and complement the clarity of the lenses that you chose for this assignment. Great stuff...

zyl8tr

The different color corrections told me different stories about the pictures. Nice work and article.

Hosermage

To prove the theory further, can you apply different colors to one same photo and have it convey different stories?

thrice

I've been fooling around with simulating anamorphic flare with filters.. will hopefully have some usable results soon :p

d.clin.design

To prove the theory further, can you apply different colors to one same photo and have it convey different stories?
Great challenge! Let me see if I can do something with one of the picture to give it a different feel.

I've been fooling around with simulating anamorphic flare with filters.. will hopefully have some usable results soon :p
I'm not familiar with the simulating anamorphic flare with filters. Post up some pics when you're done, I'm sure there are a lot more seasoned video colorist that can produce amazing results!