OK, after approx. 400 shots on my DMR, I think I have a sharpness problem.
I had over-sharpened my initial batch of shots, I think (now);
After revisiting all files, I believe there is a sharpness issue, looking at the file without any sharpening, they look "crappy".
I am posting four images incl. a 100% crop of 900x900 for each one:
- first image, f2.8, 1/1000, ISO 100, 60mm macro
- second image, f8, 1/1500, ISO 400, 60mm macro
- third image, f1.4, 1/180s, ISO 100 ... 60mm macro (see next post)
- fourth image, f5.6, 1/125, ISO 400 ... 35mm-lux (see next post)
All files are processed in C1 4.1 with sharpening turned off.
Do you agree?
- DMR ... distance issue; needs shimming or similar
- Focus screen; but images 1-3 have been shot with the stock-DMR focus screen; image 4 with the Maxwell screen, and shows same problem. I believe the screen is lying correctly in its frame (but who knows...).
Is Leica-NJ capable of investigating - and if necessary - fixing this?
Or would the R9-DMR need to go to Solms? In that case, it is advisable to ship directly to speed up the process?
How about the lenses ... they would not need to be checked out, I guess; three lenses all show the same problem (60mm, 35mm-lux, 180mmf2.8).
Thank You for any advise; not happy right now....