The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A pinhole Leica?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Has anyone yet punched a pin hole in a body cap and done any pin hole work with an M8?

It might be fun and a way to break out of the lens is every thing box.

Introduce a little play into the Leica world.

JimCollum

Has anyone yet punched a pin hole in a body cap and done any pin hole work with an M8?

It might be fun and a way to break out of the lens is every thing box.

Introduce a little play into the Leica world.

yea.. i put a precision pinhole into a body cap.. i'll post some images from it. the problem with small sensor (anything < 5x7"), is you don't get the sharpness you see in larger prints (usually from large or ultra large format film).

but it's still fun

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Thanks Carstenw, that looks just like what I need. But with pin holes just like lens, we have to consider focal length options. :)

W

wparsons

I had one that I tossed. At f128 or thereabouts, there is so much diffraction that the image is just one giant blur.

Fortunately, it was an inexpensive experiment.

There could be a poem, A lens is a lens is a lens....