The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My planned trip to India

Sarheat

Good day all, am off to India (New Delhi) to attend the festival of lights or Diwali, ill be taking an M9, 50 Sum, 35 Nokton, and some heavy artillery Nikon FF gear :) i need guidance in what to watch for and what places to visit. Ill be wondering around for most of the time, visiting temples and the like but it will be a great help if someone who's been there to share their experience

Regards

Sarheat

Thanks Joe, ill make sure to visit the Taj Mahal and the area around it, ill be in Newdelhi for about 4 days

Later

Thanks Joe, ill make sure to visit the Taj Mahal and the area around it, ill be in Newdelhi for about 4 days

Later
It's an all day expedition from Delhi but worth it if you can swing it. Get a guide that can drive you there - your hotel should be able to arrange that for you. I don't recommend driving yourself - besides just the drive there and back is an experience you will never forget!

While you're in Agra you can also see the fort - I never made it inside the fort but it looks impressive from the outside.

Good luck!

Cheers,

ashwinrao1

Great place to visit...much to see.

Agra is great. Make sure to see the Taj at sunset from across the river and catch "Baby Taj" while you are at it.

Varanasi was a highlight for me....

Sarheat

Thank you Ashwin and Bill, Taj will definitely be on the list, a friend from Newdelhi will be guiding me through the ins and outs of the area, so hopefully i will have the best seat in the house

Regards

David Schneider

Taj Mahal deserves more than one visit. If possible, also try to visit during a full moon. Red Fort in Agra. Khajuraho Temples are outstanding. A visit to an Indian railroad station can be incredible. If in Calcutta, the one by the Howrah River Bridge (maybe the busiest bridge in the world and a great adventure) is a good one. As mentioned, Varanasi is interesting. Take a boat out in early morning when the burn the bodies and ashes are in the river. If time and season of the year permits, a trek in Nepal up in the mountains is just unreal.

Jaladhi

Fatehpur Sikri complex is close to the Taj Mahal. Very rich architecturally. If you have time after doing the Taj Mahal, that would be my recommendation.