The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Latest Stefan Daniel Interview

dhsimmonds

The latest Stefan Daniel interview is published here: http://www.megapixel.co.il/english/archive/23834

Some very interesting options for Leica product strategy are perhaps revealed, notably the praise for the VF of the Fuji X100!

Coming so soon after the announcement of the sale of 44% of Leica's shares to Blackstone, it could also be timed to offset the mixed reception that particular news is receiving, particularly in the UK where Blackstone do not enjoy the best of press reviews.

Amin

The most exciting thing was certainly the Tele lens APO-TELYT-R 1600mm f/5.6 done for a Sheik in Qatar.

Man, if I were a wealthy Sheikh in Qatar, I'd ask them to make a 35mm f/0.95 M ASPH... or maybe a 50mm f/0.85 M ASPH :D.

Lars

Man, if I were a wealthy Sheikh in Qatar, I'd ask them to make a 35mm f/0.95 M ASPH... or maybe a 50mm f/0.85 M ASPH :D.
Yeah... no. That's not how sheiks think. I mean, those M lenses wouldn't fit his R9 bodies.

thrice

It's a bit scary, as long as I can still buy manual focus glass in a compact package to put on a camera with a brilliant optical viewfinder I will be happy. If they make a camera that REQUIRES a digital viewfinder, I'll check it out, but I doubt I'll buy it. The same goes for plasticy AF lenses.

jonoslack

It's a bit scary, as long as I can still buy manual focus glass in a compact package to put on a camera with a brilliant optical viewfinder I will be happy. If they make a camera that REQUIRES a digital viewfinder, I'll check it out, but I doubt I'll buy it. The same goes for plasticy AF lenses.
+1 Daniel - but surely they know that too?