The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 and TTL flash (SF24D)

hdrmd

The Metz 44MZ-2 with the SCA 3502 adapter works fairly well. It tilts, and the head zooms, and it can be taken off camera with a cord. It is still a bit large, especially if you are used to the smaller Leica flash. DR

Daniel

After reading this thread, I think the SF24D might be the flash I'm looking for, because my Vivitar 285HV is just sooooo honkin' big on the M8.

Are there any other nominees, or is this little one the way to go?
i recently bought the metz 20 c-2 to try out. it's very inexpensive comparing to the sf24d's price. its construction feels cheap, but, i think, it'll still hold up well with careful use.

the reason i got this metz was because of its compactness, and its flash head can be tilted for bounce-off-the-ceiling lighting. it seems to be working quite well for bounce flash, but not for direct flash. i don't know how to use it properly yet.

anyway, maybe you might like to give this one a try.