The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is it just me?

Dolce Moda

Is it just me or does it seem that the price of Leica R glass has gone through the roof?!

Last year I made the mistake of selling off my 90mm Summicron and 135mm Elmarit, and have reconsidered and want to replace them.

The price of the Summicron has increased by what seems like 150% ! I was briefly considering the APO Summicron but the prices on ebay seem more than
what they sold for new! :loco:

ashwinrao1

R glass prices seems to fluctuate with news/hope of an R lens solution. Prices haven't gone up so much in Seattle, and there's a lot of glass to be had. However, given Leica's proposal of an interchangeable lens option with some mention of R lens capacity, prices "might" go up....but then again, they'll probably equilibrate downards the longer there's no true R10/digital R....