The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Road Trip . It's COLD

W

workingcamera

Damn that’s nice stuff Guy…:cool: and what a magic location breathtakingly beautiful.:thumbs:

But please stop showing me M8 pictures please prurdy please.:banghead::cry:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy: By any chance do we go by the petrified forest on the way to Moab?

(Can we, huh huh, can we?)

:D,

Terry

I think these just sealed the deal.... No not a new lens deal but drive vs. fly up to Moab. Did you head east for the petrified forrest shots? I thought I went through there when I cut off from 40 to head south through snoflake and that area through the mountains down to globe.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Terry just got home. The Petrified forest has several entrances . In the morning I came in from route 180 i believe just outside of Holbrook . Than i came later in the day right off I 40 east of Holbrook and i did not get to see everything so even a day or a couple hours maybe a good thing . I have some nice general shots of the area also . I will post them when I load them up on the desktop. I see i could have been a little better with my processing. i don't do as well on the laptops.

Guy Mancuso

Seemed like leica 21mm trip. Shot a lot with it, love the look of this lens. really liking the CV12mm too. Just a fun lens to play with

Terry

Terry just got home. The Petrified forest has several entrances . In the morning I came in from route 180 i believe just outside of Holbrook . Than i came later in the day right off I 40 east of Holbrook and i did not get to see everything so even a day or a couple hours maybe a good thing . I have some nice general shots of the area also . I will post them when I load them up on the desktop. I see i could have been a little better with my processing. i don't do as well on the laptops.
:D on an iPhone your processing looks just fine. Just send each new member an iPhone when they sign up and perhaps you can even shoot jpegs. :D

D

DougDolde

The Blue Mesa in Petrified Forest NP is my favorite area. 4x5 Provia.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
Hey the Landscapes are really nifty.
I usually prefer nature to the cruft of man.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Bob was a nice chance to just get away and do a little shooting. Something we all need to do once in awhile and just let go of the daily stuff.

You know after so many years working in this business it is just fun to get away and stretch the legs. i want to go back to the Petrified forest though , i only saw maybe 20 percent of it. It probably is about 120 square miles of park there.

Little warm up also for Moab, which i have a feeling we are going to score a lot of winning images as a workshop group. We still have room folks. Okay my little plug. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Remember the Song from Jackson Brown, Take It Easy. Well it was about Winslow Arizona. Cool little town. Couple shots from here. Birds 90mm Summarit , Theatre 35 cron version IV, Church 21mm . You can see there is NO need for a Polarizer. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Okay from DR and Raw processing POF . This one is about as far as I have stretched a M8 file. 21mm . Love this lens, reminds me of my 28 cron