The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The S-League

I picked up one of the LFI S magazines at the Leica studio event at Photo Plus Expo in NYC last week. It is a very impressive magazine with very high quality photography and printing.

I look forward to checking out the S League website.

wattsy

Taking a leaf out of the kind of thing Hasselblad does (including the magazine). Good marketing.

Stuart Richardson

It's very nice for advertising, but that is not the only professional genre (and for me anyway, by far the least interesting since we are bombarded by it every day anyway). For me it does not hold much interest, as it has such a narrow focus -- there doesn't appear to be anything at all of people doing anything other than fashion or commercial. Looking at the apply section, that appears to be the point. I completely understand why they are doing this, but I am not really interested in commercial or ad work, so it is not really on my radar. If they did a similar magazine in relation to art, documentary and travel imagery, I would be all over it!