The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is RFF down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryc

The physical server itself has failed and the hosting facility which is a major hosting facility is pretty much AWOL. I am guessing too much turkey. Probably the worst customer support I have ever seen in the industry. I am almost certain some changes will be coming after this is resolved.

monza

Can they be a major hosting facility with this kind of 'service?' This is really not all that difficult to address. If a backup exists, it might take a day, or two at most. Shame if that wasn't done, there is a lot of valuable info there.

Amin

What a nightmare. Hope they are able to get this sorted without losing a lot of data!

scho

Hope they are back soon. I've been waiting to read Stephen Gandy's comparison of the M9, NEX-5N, and Ricoh GXR with RF lenses. It was supposed to have been published last week.

Double Negative

Not Available
I tried signing up at lavidaleica but I can't read the scribble at the end of the sign up.
I just looked at it again - you're right, that is pretty heinous. Stupid anti-spam CAPTCHA. Doesn't work anyway!

I've changed it to just have new folks spell "Leica." We'll see how that works out. ;)

Try now!

I

ItsReallyDarren

There is a good amount of cached pages saved from RFF. Search through google to show the results from rangefinderforum.com and when you find a link that comes close to what your searching for, hold your mouse over the double arrow [>>] and click on the "cached" link to show a saved copy of the page.

Note you can't post obviously but can still search out some info.

250swb

They had problems that weren't addressed very quickly (if at all) when people started to migrate to Windows 7, nothing serious, just showing a lack of forethought and testing. I wonder if this is a true wake up call?

Steve

ryc

Data is backed up. No worries there. It is Monday afternoon and they are just looking into it. They have not even bothered looking at the physical server for since last Thursday!

The hosting facility is a joke. This should have been resolved within hours and not days.

monza

Indeed. But even at this point they can redirect the nameservers to a simple wordpress blog or something to provide updates...

ashwinrao1

Wow, the death of RFF? So sad that it's been a week, and not much action....I am sure that they will be up, but dependability would be my concern over the next few months....

Status
Not open for further replies.