The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is RFF down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesH

Hi Double Neg,
Leicas are fine and good (I have two, one screw mount, one M) but do the intertoobs really need another Leica circle jerk?

There's so much more to range-finder photography than that.

monza

That's rather crude...

RFF *still* doesn't even have as much as a name server update...pathetic.

Double Negative

Not Available
Hi Double Neg,
Leicas are fine and good (I have two, one screw mount, one M) but do the intertoobs really need another Leica circle jerk?

There's so much more to range-finder photography than that.
Well, if that's what you plan to bring to the site, you can refrain from joining. :rolleyes:

The site is about much more than that. It's Leica themed, sure - but it's certainly not a "Leica über alles" circle jerk as you imply. It's a site for Leica users, but the vibe of it comes down to its leadership and its members. That is, "it is what you make it."

Get in there and set a good example, hmmm?

back alley

the latest from stephen...

techs still dealing with server problems
we hope to have the site up by tomorow nite.

unbelievably bad tech support from a large hosting company promising 24/7 365 support

Amin

Thanks for the update, Joe. I've been disappointed in the hosting for my sites on occasion, but this is outrageous.

NB23

This is clearly a low line hosting package. Day 5 of an outage...incredible.
They get what they deserve.

Outages at rff are very common. They happen about 4-6 times a year. Yeah, they probably chose the free hosting package.

That place is run like a circus on so many levels.

monza

Who has access to the domain name? I would hope Stephen. Takes only a minute or two to update the nameserver to a temporary site with a notice for members. Why would this take a week??

ark8012

They get what they deserve.

Outages at rff are very common. They happen about 4-6 times a year. Yeah, they probably chose the free hosting package.

That place is run like a circus on so many levels.

Is it true? It is hard to believe. RFF makes money from the classified and the sponserships. If RFF uses the free/cheap hosting package, it's time to invest more money in their hosting system.

sjg284

Who has access to the domain name? I would hope Stephen. Takes only a minute or two to update the nameserver to a temporary site with a notice for members. Why would this take a week??
^this

leaving rangefinderforum.com pointing to an internet black hole for a week is.. odd

they may need to bring in a techy to manage things like this/avoid future issues

monza

Advertisers should not be pleased with the site going down over the biggest purchasing week of the year. Day 8, still the domain points nowhere. Amazing.

wattsy

Day 8, still the domain points nowhere. Amazing.
Agreed. What a fiasco. It would take a few minutes to repoint the domain to a simple page with an explanation and apology (it would take about another 5-10 minutes to add a few key sponsor/advertiser banners).

Maybe time for Stephen Gandy to hand the website over to someone else that can do it justice?

JSRockit

Last time I looked, RFF is a free service right? And so many are complaining like they paid for something...(unless you are an advertiser or have an ad in the classifieds) :confused:

monza

google is free too, I wonder how many people would complain if it were down for 8 straight days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.