The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with R lenses on anything other than a Leica

bensonga

With more people putting Leica R lenses to good use on mirrorless cameras (M4/3 and NEX) and DSLRs etc, I thought it might be a good time to start this thread. The Leica M lenses are certainly jewels, but the R lenses are quite fine in their own right. :thumbs:

I'll get the ball rolling with a photo I took today. Cold and snowy here in Alaska this November....it was about 5F when I stepped out of the car to take this picture. I believe these are Black Spruce trees....very common in this part of Alaska.

Please note the lens and camera you used.

Gary

Panasonic GH2 and 50mm Summicron-R ROM

Knorp

Well as I've got only one R-lens ... :eek:

[pentax k5 & apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm]

:cool: this one with 1.7x t/c

:D this one with the elpro

bensonga

Bart--those are outstanding photos and one incredible lens! Thanks for getting this thread off to a great start.

Let's see some more Leica R images folks!

Gary

jonoslack

Fabulous Bart . . . .
Here's one with the NEX5n and the 28-90 . . apologies if you've seen it before:

all the best

Shac

These are just a few quick shots not in the same league as above - I'm just getting into R lenses on the D700. Just wanted to show how good IQ can be IMO. I find the last version of the 90 Elmarit blows the venerable Nikon 105/2.5 out of the water at any aperture
The first is with the Telyt 400/6.8 with extension tube (cropped image)

The next 2 with the 90 (also cropped)

This is not cropped (90 Elmarit)

Shac

Thanks Jorgen - I like it also - next to my work gloves on the top of my car the image reminded me of something like "The Terminator & the wasp"