The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 35-70/4 Macro question

Dolce Moda

How much resistance does the focus ring on a properly maintained lens give? Mine seems like is turns too easily compared to my 90mm and 135mm Leica Rs.

Also does anyone know where I can pick up a lens hood for it? It seems impossible to find. Anyone have one they want to get rid of? :D

DaveS

Hi there,

Mine is quite firm, I compared it to my 80-200 F4 R and 50 Summicron R, they all feel about the same. So I would characterize it as slightly firmer than most M lenses, since the R's are bigger in diameter this might just be a function of the coils turning inside. Definitely not loose, but smooth and almost like a hydraulic feeling of resistance - if that makes sense.

As for the hood, I think it is usually supplied with the lens and screws on in reverse for storage or forward for use, so I am not sure how easy that will be to find. Leica NJ actually might be able to order the part, since it probably isn’t an option on its own.

Good luck,
Dave

Dolce Moda

Hey Dave!
Another Vancouver person! Woo

Yeah, I just got it. I discovered the hood last night, it was mounted reversed on the lens. I wondered why the outer edge wasn't ribbed. lol
I wonder if I should send it in for service. Mine is definitely not firm. I am very impressed with the image quality. I used it on a shoot last week.