The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Post your favourite shot of 2011

dude163

Hi all. I'm just curious which shots you feel are your favourites, not necessarily your best, just the one you liked the best :)

I liked this one, we went to the local apple orchard in early September, and I was crouched under the trees and saw my daughter munching an apple she picked from a branch

JimCollum

M9, 90 preash cron

Burning Man, Temple of Transition
Walking thru it, and reading the walls is probably one of the most moving experiences of my life.

Godfrey

At least one of my favorites of 2011 ...

Bicyclist On Jurby Road - Sandygate, Isle of Man 2011
Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4

Hard to keep things to just one favorite. :)

CharlesK

Shot of an afternoon meeting with a group of Buddhist monks at Wat Bovornnives Vihara . M9 with the 50 Lux:)

Last edited:

bensonga

Some great shots here.....

Always tough to choose just one.....I liked the colors and textures in this one.

Hasselblad 503CWD, CFV-16II, CFi 100/3.5 lens

wolverine

Sixth Street, Austin, TX from the balcony of the Driscoll Hotel.
Not sure how to post bigger for viewing instead of having to click on picture to view larger. Would appreciate a tip. Happy New Year! Frank

seakayaker

Favorite Digital

The Photographer

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- 1/500 -- f2 with ND Filter

Favorite Film

Food Bank Fund Raising Fiddler

MP with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH

Lots of wonderful photographs posted.

. . . . . had to throw in a Favorite Film shot as well as a Digital.

sjg284

Tough decisions...

Home

and Away

Of course reviewing my best/most interesting/favorite photos for the year was an interesting exercise itself. Noticing higher hit rates with certain lenses.. for one thing.

Shashin

I hope you don't mind if I play--I saw a few not taken with Leica. Pentax 645D. Believe it or not, hand held. From an idea I started working with toward the end of the year.