The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new Digital CL?

durrIII

Please tell me that the Leica D-Lux 4 is NOT the anticipated Digital CL.
All this talk about a "system". This cannot be what we have been waiting for.
Or is it?..................

Well, I wrote on another site that if Leica themselves call the D-lux 4 "son of M8" in a press release recently, it does seem unlikely there´s any more legitimate heir waiting....

Sad...:cry:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I was hoping for one. Guess I will have to look for another small camera. Wanted a go out the door camera.

I was hoping for one. Guess I will have to look for another small camera. Wanted a go out the door camera.
So was I. But I don´t think everything is lost yet: with a faster lens, the Panasonic G1 does look rather promising. And, quite likely, there will be more micro4/3 cameras introduced at Photokina; I somehow cannot imagine a bunch of manufacturers jointly announcing a new format - and then just one of them actually launches just one camera...

Sadly, it seems unlikely that Leica will be one of the early adopters, however...:confused:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes Per I was really hoping for something.The little G1 has some real promise from what I have read so far. Maybe Olympus has something. To mea little CL from Leica would really open the market up for them to get more folks thinking Leica. Even 2500 dollars camera with a zoom lens would have done it for me.

In the G1 thread, Joan links to a VERY interesting page:

http://fourthirdsphoto.com/G1/05.php

where a Panasonic rep states that Leica lenses for the MicroFourThirds standard *will* be coming "in the future". Also, that the already announced Lumix G lenses are targeted towards entry level users....

So, it seems there´s more to come, after all. :clap:

Thanks to Joan, I feel a bit better already....;)