The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New "reportage" website - all shot on Ms!!

vieri

Hello everybody, it has been a while since I posted images here - been very busy lately with many different projects; one of these was/is the refresh of my website, which is now split into different sections - one of these is dedicated to reportage(s) and personal projects, images of which have almost 100% been shot on Leica cameras & lenses. Here it is, for your consideration:

http://pj.madshutter.com/

Hope you'll enjoy, there is more to come but since it will be a while since I'll be able to update it significantly I thought I'd go ahead and open it.... otherwise, I am pretty sure it would have never seen the light of day :D

V

Vivek

Thanks for the post, Vieri.

It is nice but perhaps needs a bit more editing?

I saw your performing artists portraits. Stunningly fabulous! Each has something different to offer. :thumbs:

seakayaker

Enjoyed touring and viewing your different sets which is a wonderful collection of photographs.

The only distraction, for me at least, was the watermark in all the photographs. It did take away from the image presentation. I guess there is fine line between leaving an quality image on-line and risk someone pirating the photograph for their own use and protecting images with watermarks.

Perhaps a sample montage with a view of sample photographs without the watermarks could be made available.

Anyway congratulations on the site, it appears you have put quite an effort in the work to date.

cam

love your work as always, Vieri, but i have to agree with Dan about the watermarks... i understand why you feel you need it, but it just kills the images for me.

vieri

Thanks for the post, Vieri.

It is nice but perhaps needs a bit more editing?

I saw your performing artists portraits. Stunningly fabulous! Each has something different to offer. :thumbs:
Enjoyed touring and viewing your different sets which is a wonderful collection of photographs.

The only distraction, for me at least, was the watermark in all the photographs. It did take away from the image presentation. I guess there is fine line between leaving an quality image on-line and risk someone pirating the photograph for their own use and protecting images with watermarks.

Perhaps a sample montage with a view of sample photographs without the watermarks could be made available.

Anyway congratulations on the site, it appears you have put quite an effort in the work to date.
love your work as always, Vieri, but i have to agree with Dan about the watermarks... i understand why you feel you need it, but it just kills the images for me.
lovely images! The reportage section was fantastic...shame about the ubiquitous watermarks..
Thank you guys for taking the time to view and comment, very much appreciated :D

About the WM, yeah - I know, it's not really cool (and maybe I could dispense of it for the reportage section), but after too many occurrences of image theft I couldn't find a better solution to be able to have big enough images and not have them easily stolen... will keep thinking about it though and see if i can find a better and less intrusive way :D

About the editing, very good point as well - I am not great in editing my own work, so I tend to leave too much in rather than the other way around. Will keep working on it :D

Thanks again!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Very nice work Vieri. You sure stepped it up a notch or two with your refresh.
I do agree about the watermark. Using flash I would have thought should be enough to protect the images at that size, isn't it? I mean, it's not like you can just right-click and download.

As far as the editing, that is probably one of the toughest things to learn to do. Everyone suffers from emotional attachment, admit it or not. Got to learn to be a brutal editor though, if you really want to improve your work as well as your presentation of it. My own mentor once told me "When in doubt, take it OUT!" as his own secret. I couldn't agree more. Better to miss one than to include several that bring the overall level of the group down.