The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R 28mm E55 Rom, price?

N

Nicekyo

Trying post again:

I am trying to replace my broken 50mm lens, still heart broken about it. My local dealer called me and asked if I was interested in a 28mm ROM version for 2200 USD with one year Leica Warranty. If I remembered correctly, a used set usually goes for 1200 - 1800 USD. And full MSRP is around 2100 USD. I also understand our Canon colleagues are driving the demand up. Which puts a Leica-only user like myself out of luck.

My question is, if I am shooting film and part DMR, is it worth 2200? I know the V1 will do fine on the DMR, but shooting film on the V2 lens could be fun.

C

chibosaigon

I think it's a good price to buy, but in my opinion, the E49 does B/W in Digital sensor better, I just do some test on my Canon dslr and it's perfect (in its price, of course), and the 28 E55 does the colored image better, so, give it a try!

thrice

I bought mine in mint condition from Austria for $550.

Before you ask, yes, definitely E55 built-in hood model with ROM contacts.