The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Releases M8 firmware v 2.0

R

roberth

Loaded, the auto ISO feature goes well together with the aperture priority.

It would be nice if the ISO could be changed with an easier sequence such as Sean Reid has suggested.

This new feature gives us something new to play with and I think I will find it useful.

etrigan63

I am going to be running around all week putting the firmware through its paces. We can all compare notes. So far, Rob is quite correct about the increase in convenience. The menu can be a bit confusing at first but you get used to it quick. I set mine to Max ISO 640 and min speed at "Lens Dependent". ISO 1250 is a touch too noisy for my tastes unless I am planning B&W conversions later. However, I prefer to user SilverFX Pro to do the conversions and add the grain.