The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Lens Dimension Help

LightingLeica

I'm working on manufacturing some soft pouches for Leica and other small lenses. If you have time, can you do some real world measurements of your lenses and update the database. Please measure with both caps like you would store your lenses. Measurements in millimeters.

The Leica specs on their website aren't accurate so in order to get true measurements I have to make my own database.

These will be really cool pouches, a new soft spongy material, and priced very well.

If you have any older Leica lenses or any micro 4/3, Sony, or Nikon, small lenses, just add them to the list.

Any help is appreciated!

Click here for the Lens Database

Double Negative

Not Available
Very cool. I look forward to some nice lens pouches. Generic eBay pouches just don't do it for me. Though I might suggest drawing an average and offering maybe 3-4 sizes rather than exact-fit pouches for specific lenses. This way you could also offer them for use with other brands (e.g. Zeiss and Voigtländer).

I'd contribute to the DB, but the lenses I have are already filled in.

LightingLeica

Yes, I'm planning probably 3 different sizes, going to try to find the sweet spots for the range of all lenses from all brands.

henningw

I just added 19 other lenses I have to the database. I didn't include some older ones, and ones that don't make sense on the digital M bodies such as the Hologon and Super Angulons and DR Summicrons.

Henning

LightingLeica

Henning,

Thanks for taking the time to add all of those dimensions. I think I have 3 sizes that will fit most of them pretty well. There's a few that are too fat with the hoods, or too long like the 135mm. But the rest should be pretty good. I can always come out with a couple more sizes if the first 3 need tweaking.

thanks,

Todd

cam

I just added 19 other lenses I have to the database. I didn't include some older ones, and ones that don't make sense on the digital M bodies such as the Hologon and Super Angulons and DR Summicrons.
:confused:
the 21/3.4 SA is a favourite of mine -- why do you say it makes no sense on digital?

also, don't film shooters need pouches too?