The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting in low light with M8 advice requested........

Shashin

My suggestion would be to look at your technique as well as making the most of a difficult situation. When I shoot medium format film for documentary work, I had ISO 400 film and a maximum aperture of f/3.5. I did a lot of good work in appalling light with that. Freezing action does not always result in the most interesting images.

Of course, you could buy something...

dude163

Buying something isnt an option atthe moment, unless I sell some stuff, but here are 2 shots I took at ISO 2500 to see how they turned out, and this is also using a slower lens, the Leitz Canada 135/2.8

One is B+W to eliminate the background colours, the other is colour, but desaturated about 20% for the nice retro tone

what do you think?