The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arrival ... Addendum!

V

Vivek

I've just added another 18 images to this gallery.
Check 'em out and let me know what you think. :)

MobileMe Gallery

enjoy!
The only person shot (showing the front) in that bunch is a fellow tourist/museum visitor(?) with a camera. This series do not do anything for me at all.

I am afraid I do not see what the others here are talking about.

jonoslack

Not sure what you intended. I have no intention to stop shooting anytime soon... :)

HEY!, WE HAVE AVATARS BACK!
So We Do
Great shots Godfrey . . . . so . . . having waited so long and so sensibly are you:

1. Cock-a-hoop
2. Pleasantly surprised
3. Satisfied but not surprised
4. a bit worried
5. wishing you'd saved your dosh?

all the best

Godfrey

The only person shot (showing the front) in that bunch is a fellow tourist/museum visitor(?) with a camera. This series do not do anything for me at all.

I am afraid I do not see what the others here are talking about.
There are four photos of people in this set of 35 ...

A friend in the photo walk group.

A group listening to the docent.

Sea cadets in egress training exercises.

Phil, our guide and docent for the machine room portion of the walk.​

Wandering through the huge machine that an aircraft carrier turned museum presents an opportunity to do many things, only few of which are making photographs of people. Most of the other people on board are tourists like you and are not really all that interested in having photos made of them, nor are they all that interesting except on rare occasion. .

I was more interested in photos of the machine for this session, but attempted to document lightly the event by including photos of participants, docents, and Sea Cadets.

Sorry you didn't like them.

Godfrey

So We Do
Great shots Godfrey . . . . so . . . having waited so long and so sensibly are you:

1. Cock-a-hoop
2. Pleasantly surprised
3. Satisfied but not surprised
4. a bit worried
5. wishing you'd saved your dosh?

all the best
Thank you. 3 with the addendum, "it's another good camera, nothing more or less, now I have to understand it to get the most from it."

I'm old and jaded, a new camera no matter how expensive doesn't make me turn cartwheels. :) They're tools: I get a new one and my interests immediately are in "how does it work? how well do my lenses work with it? what does it do best that I can take advantage of? how do the files it produces work out in my image processing workflow?"

What's pleasantly surprising is that it is in better condition than I expected even for a*certified/inspected/tested demo from Leica USA. It is, essentially, brand new and I got a good discount on the price for giving up half the warranty term.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite pleased with it. But it's neither a huge surprise nor worrisome, etc. It is what I spent my time studying and preparing to spend the money on. Now I'll put it to work, once I understand it properly.

raist3d

I've just added another 18 images to this gallery.
Check 'em out and let me know what you think. :)

MobileMe Gallery

enjoy!
I have to admit this gallery of shots doesn't do much for me. I see good tones, good color, but not so much interesting subject, composition.

To me one of the better shots is the line of guys dressed in cammo with the guy in the middle with the white "scarf." I think maybe that shot may work well in black and white also.

The first shot with the airplane carrier (? is that what it is) has great light and tonality, I think the composition is a bit off. May work better with crop and tilt adjust.

The older man that is talking (shot with three people in it) I think may work shown in a sequence with similar shots like that, maybe showing an interaction between the three of them.

I think this also happens with a new camera/getting used to it etc.

- Raist