The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica MP "missing or stolen"

D

David418

Black paint MP
Serial #2890371

Please Contact me if you have any information on the whereabouts of this camera. It is mine and I desperetely need it back in my possesion.

D

David418

I have reason to believe it is in or has been sold from Australia sometime in the last few months.

Thank you.

D

David418

Please Contact me if you have any information on the whereabouts of this camera.

D

David418

Please Contact me if you have any information on the whereabouts of this camera.

Gary Clennan

Did someone steal this from you? Did you leave it somewhere? Some more details may (or may) not help you recover your camera....

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
A few things I learned in helping a friend recover a stolen M9 ...

make sure you have proof of ownership ...preferably a bill of sale to you with the serial number

file a police report asap and don t leave any question about how it was stolen. If there is any doubt about whether you just lost it you will get no follow through.

most lost or stolen items eventually end up on ebay ,craigs list etc but it can take a few weeks . the person taking the camera will sell it maybe a few times until someone lists it .

if you find it you must have proof that the seller has your camera . with a digital camera you can take a picture with the camera of the seller on your card . not sure how to do this with film easily .

Getting the police to help you reclaim it even if you find it is not easy .