The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh Joy, a new old Leica lens...

cam

Hah! Be careful what you wish for, we're only a short trip across the pond, and we'll be driving around your ringroad on Saturday night!

Dinner for 4 at 2am on Sunday?

Great we'll see you then!
take a number! :ROTFL:

family of 5 is ahead of you, and i do mean family. we leave for Edinburgh on Sunday though, after wrapping all the presents, i doubt the plane can take off.

can i go skiing with you instead?

jonoslack

take a number! :ROTFL:

family of 5 is ahead of you, and i do mean family. we leave for Edinburgh on Sunday though, after wrapping all the presents, i doubt the plane can take off.

can i go skiing with you instead?
Absolutely - I'm sure we can squeeze you in the Espace. It'll be Emma and two of the boys - Silas 25 and Sim 23, so there'll be plenty of talk on the long drive!
Where shall we pick you up?

helenhill

For an Eighty Year Old lens I find its clarity Beautiful...RD1 & 35 Elmar

Cam: Welcome Back ...
Lovely to have chatted yesterday...Oh just get the M2 or MP :D click/click

Bébèrt

Received my new, old Leica Xenon, 1938 - 50mm/1,5, yesterday and shot my nearest victim at work. Of course wide open ....

Lloyd

The shots with vintage lenses are simply awesome!! They got me inspired, so I dug out my 62-year old Summitar 5cm f2, and did a couple test shots. I think it will reside on my M8 for a while! :)

In-camera b/w jpg:

Color from DNG (slightly different crop):

Bébèrt

Even at 1,5 inside the poorly lit Notre Dame the Paris. But as soon as the lens is struck by a lightsource, the fun is over. No coating, so ...

cam

Bébèrt -- if you're using a filter, take it off at night. i've found that helps greatly with flare, coating or no, and you're less likely to get "flying saucers" with the old lenses.

cam

d'accord. i haven't really found hoods to be much use in these situations so i wouldn't rush.... besides, i kind of enjoy the texture flare can give an image :p

Leica 77

Old Leica M Summicron 90mm f2.0 with a special adapter on Nikon D300. Aperture wide open. Thanks for looking. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

:)One more image created by my old Leica M Summicron 90mm f2.0 lens on Nikon D300 using a special adapter. Aperture set at f2.8. Thank you for looking. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. Several years ago, I visited Sukiya Camera (www.sukiya.co.jp) in Ginza, Tokyo and casually mentioned to a store keeper saying, "it would be nice to be able to use some of the fine Leica M lenses on Nikon SLR bodies". The store keeper to my pleasant surprise replied by saying, "we have such an adapter available". You can easily guess that I bought the adapter after trying it out on a Summicron 90mm M lens. I have attached a couple of images for your information. Once again, I appreciate your positive feedback. Best regards. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello Cam,
Many thanks for your positive feedback! Using the adapter, one can focus to infinity. The green focus aid LED lights up when the subject is in focus inside the D300 optical viewfinder. The exposure metering works in either the aperture-priority or the manual metering mode. The adapter is extremely well made and quite easy to use even with the Digital Nikon SLR (D300). Best regards. Leica77

cam

ooh, that is wonderful! if i step into the DSLR realm, Nikon is what i have my eye on.... may i be so crass as to ask how much this was? have you tried it with any other lenses?