The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best Deal on M8->8.2 trade-in

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, I disagree. For the past few days I've been shopping for M8 for one of my students. It's more like 3900-4200 in stores. ebay prices are indeed ~ $3500.
In that case, I would be happy to offer him one of my black ones for $3900 right now. Version 2 firmware installed, camera functions and focuses perfectly.

Cheers,

irakly

Why not post a buy or sell request here? Used prices from individuals are about $3500 for clean M8s . Demos with a one year warranty are less than $4000 from dealers. Normally a few hundred under "fair market value" will sell it in a few days and no ebay nonsense.
it may potentially create some unpleasant situations. for instance, you are buying a piece of gear from me, say an m8 body. it served me well, i took good care of it, but next day after you buy it, a nasty vertical hairline develops on a sensor. what now? we ain't no friends no more?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
it may potentially create some unpleasant situations. for instance, you are buying a piece of gear from me, say an m8 body. it served me well, i took good care of it, but next day after you buy it, a nasty vertical hairline develops on a sensor. what now? we ain't no friends no more?
Good point...I have 3 just because I need 2 that work. I can send one in and not obsess about the turn around. I do think there is a price that can work without automatically spending 20% to let a dealer clear the product. But I agree with buying M8s with warranties if possible.