The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 24MP Sensor for Leica M10 Found?

Agnius

This is pure guesswork. As Leica M has been using Kodak sensors in the past, I would think that's the sensor they will use in the future, especially if M architecture remains the same. Yes, Kodak has sold sensor division. Now the same sensors are manufactured by Truesense Imaging Products and I don't see why Leica doesn't continue doing business with them. Sure, I would like to see some LiveView added, dynamic and sensitivity ranges expanded, good luck to them and we'll see it all at Photokina 2012 (that's an educated guess too).

FredBGG

Not Available
A 36MP M10 would be awesome, a perfect complement to the Nikon D800E.
I think that Leica is to smart to get into a MP war...

I also think that they are more likely to adopt somethin along the lines of the KODAK TRUESENSE sensors that no longer use the bayer Array. They have both color and monochrome photosites. This improves many aspects, in particular B+W and dynamic range, shadow detail etc.

henningw

A year and a half ago senior Leica people said quite definitely that the next sensor would not be from Kodak, and probably CMOS. A lot can change between Oct. 2010 and today, but that was the info at the LHSA meeting in Wetzlar.

Henning

dubes

Well, considering Kodak sold its sensor-making capabilities a few months ago, I'd say it's a certainty that the next camera will not have a Kodak sensor. :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Would call all of this pure guesswork.

Personally would love to see a Sony sensor as is in the new D800 in the upcoming M10, especially taking the resolution power of the M lenses into account this would be a great fit!

Hope dies last ;)

V

Vivek

Yes, though speculation at this point, I think this is most likely to be the sensor in the M10.