The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sensor filter crack

markowich

True.
They've been busy replacing cracked sensors,recalibrating inaccurate
rangefinders,fixing front and back focussing lenses while at the same time
producing a dribble of new lenses. Busy indeed :)

Mark
on top of my M9 problem the exposure meter of the S2 has failed yesterday.it adds about three stops to some frames, on average every second shutter release. amazing quality control issues for the most expensive almost-medium format system of the world. here i am in japan with about 7-8 kilos of the world's most expensive paper weight.
leica for me is a no-go from now on. i should have known better after the m8 disaster....
peter

TimWright

True.
They've been busy replacing cracked sensors,recalibrating inaccurate
rangefinders,fixing front and back focussing lenses while at the same time
producing a dribble of new lenses. Busy indeed :)

Mark
:)haha Mark, you've been listening to Jeff too much who by the way just bought an M6 yesterday. There have been very few cracked sensors and they are replacing them no questions asked. I have had an M8 and 2 M9's and only had an issue with 2 lenses, 1 just slightly off. Jean was able to get it fixed up pretty quick. I have had far more issues with my Canon gear and just had to send a lens in for my Pentax 645d that decided to lock up. I agree demand far exceeds supply on the lenses hopefully they will start catching up.

Agnius

on top of my M9 problem the exposure meter of the S2 has failed yesterday.it adds about three stops to some frames, on average every second shutter release. amazing quality control issues for the most expensive almost-medium format system of the world. here i am in japan with about 7-8 kilos of the world's most expensive paper weight.
leica for me is a no-go from now on. i should have known better after the m8 disaster....
peter
Geez, that sounds like double trouble - broken M9 AND S2! Sorry to hear about your bad luck! And just when I was starting to think about a Leica body.... I guess I will have to wait as see what Photokina brings my way.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
peter
Assuming that you have not enabled exposure bracketing?

Bob

mtomalty

:)haha Mark, you've been listening to Jeff too much who by the way just bought an M6 yesterday.
The same Jeff who recently liquidated his S2 and M9 kit:)

Actually, I bought my own M9 so that I could experience it firsthand.
If I'm going to talk the talk I may as well walk the walk.

In short,my M9 and lenses are going back.
Not worth the money to me given the adequate results and pissy
little color and noise problems that make it less than useful for my needs.

Mark

250swb

This is begining to sound like that well known condition called 'camera tourism', similar too the travel tourism condition of 'been there, seen that, got the shits, not going back'.

It doesn't matter if all the reasons I went there in the first place are still valid, country not currently at war (specifications meet needs), great locations (makes great images), but I ate a dodgy salad (unlucky to have the camera break down), so I'm going to declare war on the whole country. I understand scientists are linking it with the primal instinct to throw the doll out of the pram :rolleyes:

Steve

markowich

This is begining to sound like that well known condition called 'camera tourism', similar too the travel tourism condition of 'been there, seen that, got the shits, not going back'.

It doesn't matter if all the reasons I went there in the first place are still valid, country not currently at war (specifications meet needs), great locations (makes great images), but I ate a dodgy salad (unlucky to have the camera break down), so I'm going to declare war on the whole country. I understand scientists are linking it with the primal instinct to throw the doll out of the pram :rolleyes:

Steve
steve,
sorry but i am a complete loss about what you want to say.
peter

jonoslack

Steve
:ROTFL: I thought it was being linked to the instinct to throw the baby out with the bathwater!

mtomalty

Sounds like the classic, "don't say anything bad about Leica" theme even if
you've paid yor money and were let down for some reason.

Either that or don't eat the lettuce in Cancun.

Mark