The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10 to be Announced?

cam

B&W, no LCD, higher res, better high ISO, hmmmm... i am sooooooooo in lust :p

now if only they had it in a smaller and thinner body (like a film M), quieter shutter and manual re-cock, i'd be over the moon!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

jonoslack

B&W, no LCD, higher res, better high ISO, hmmmm... i am sooooooooo in lust :p

now if only they had it in a smaller and thinner body (like a film M), quieter shutter and manual re-cock, i'd be over the moon!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
You'll get a free Loch Ness Monster with each camera.
:p

cam

You'll get a free Loch Ness Monster with each camera.
:p
as long as i actually get to go to Loch Ness and have my fill of West Coast Dublin prawns, i'm game!

ETA: i just realised -- i already have one. sleep with him every night :p

V

Vivek

as long as i actually get to go to Loch Ness and have my fill of West Coast Dublin prawns, i'm game!

ETA: i just realised -- i already have one. sleep with him every night :p
That didn't come for free though, did it? :p

Hank Graber

If any maker has a market for a super high quality B&W camera that has twice the res and several more stops of speed then the color M it's Leica. Not as a replacement M but as an option -one of its limited edition specialty products. I bet they would sell out quickly.

gero

If any maker has a market for a super high quality B&W camera that has twice the res and several more stops of speed then the color M it's Leica. Not as a replacement M but as an option -one of its limited edition specialty products. I bet they would sell out quickly.
40% of my best images after I process the dng's are b&w so, for me, it be a grate complement to the M9.

thrice

haha my guess is an aluminium m9-s with EVF and CMOS FF. Then later in the year they announce a brass/magnesium M10 hybrid EVF allowing both live view and mechanical rangefinder. Potential for both mounts to support a new line of M lenses with electrical contacts while maintaining backward compatibility.
Both bodies similar in size to M9.

M9-s ~$3500
M10 ~$6995

silverlight99

don't attack me for this :) but I did hear a week or two ago one degree of separation that there will be an announcement soon of an M10, live view, 24mp sensor, optional viewfinder (assume that means EVF?), video capability, better LCD. I almost didn't want to add this post, but hey, maybe I'm just being used as a puppet... :)

ohnri

don't attack me for this :) but I did hear a week or two ago one degree of separation that there will be an announcement soon of an M10, live view, 24mp sensor, optional viewfinder (assume that means EVF?), video capability, better LCD. I almost didn't want to add this post, but hey, maybe I'm just being used as a puppet... :)
One can only hope.

-Bill

V

Vivek

It does not matter who makes the sensor (they have been around for a long time), I hope I can get my hands on the monochrome cam.

chrism

Well I've got my name at the top of a list for the B&W "M" at a reputable dealer. I'll have to PX one of my MPs, one of my M7s and an M5 to do it, but if it happens I'm prepared! :eek: And all my correspondence about it has included the word "if" so don't read anything into the fact he has a list....

Chris

Brian S

Kodak traditionally offered their sensors in both monochrome and color versions. The KAF-10500 broke that tradition, was only offered with a color Bayer-pattern mosaic filter. That CCD was sold only to Leica, and at the time wanted to sell color versions of the camera. It is not hard to produce both, just leave the color dye out of the process. Camera firmware- requires that the firmware be aware if the detector is color or monochrome. The Kodak DCS100, DCS200, DCS400 series, DCS600 series, and DCS700 series cameras offered both color and monochrome versions. The firmware and associated drivers worked with both color and monochrome sensors.