The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10 to be Announced?

ashwinrao1

The whole article is in B&W....Thorsten is in the know, so that's what we are getting. A B&W M9 or M10 prequel...should be a fun camera!

thrice

don't attack me for this :) but I did hear a week or two ago one degree of separation that there will be an announcement soon of an M10, live view, 24mp sensor, optional viewfinder (assume that means EVF?), video capability, better LCD. I almost didn't want to add this post, but hey, maybe I'm just being used as a puppet... :)
Or maybe you just described the X2... (you never mentioned it having a rangefinder) :toocool:

Paratom

I am amazed how much one can write about something without telling anything about it ;)
I dont mean this as critism but I have allways been more a technical guy browsing text for facts and I could never ever write such nice "lyrcis" even though I enjoy to read it.

fotografz

The whole article is in B&W....Thorsten is in the know, so that's what we are getting. A B&W M9 or M10 prequel...should be a fun camera!
A B&W Leica M what-ever number, is a dream come true for me.

I placed my standing order at my Leica dealer already. I don't think the M10 will be announced on the 10th.

-Marc

Seascape

V

Vivek

Just how much can you ask for such a design, especially when a 36MP state of the art Nikon is less than 50% of the price :rolleyes: ???
The 36MP Nikon is not a monochrome camera.

I wish I could buy the rumored monochrome camera for $3,000/piece (i would take 2). But I think it would be more like $7-8,000.

Even at that price, it would sell because there is no competition.

Seascape

I wish I could buy the rumored monochrome camera for $3,000/piece (i would take 2). But I think it would be more like $7-8,000.

I agree Vivek, as I remember the Phase One B&W only back was something like double the price of the P45 back it was developed from. If Leica asks that type of premium for a B&W only camera, it will certainly be a non starter for me.

For something less than $7-8K I would be very interested.

However, $3K currently buys a truly superb photographic instrument..........some manufacturers are providing excellent value and class leading performance.

jonoslack

I can't imagine any reason why it would be less than an M9 . . . it really isn't the way that Leica works - I'd guess that the real question is whether it's twice the price . . .

jonoslack

A B&W Leica M what-ever number, is a dream come true for me.

I placed my standing order at my Leica dealer already. I don't think the M10 will be announced on the 10th.

-Marc
Hey Marc
I thought your days of beta testing cameras were over? Or are there some things that are just tooooo tantalising!

fotografz

Hey Marc
I thought your days of beta testing cameras were over? Or are there some things that are just tooooo tantalising!
Yep ... :)

However, my order is with my Leica dealer of over 20 years, and I already told him I will not brook another M8 surprise, nor accept a M digital camera without an LCD as has been rumored.

My assumption is that it will be a M9 camera with a new B&W sensor, not some all new camera with associated bugs and foibles.

We'll see ... my standing order doesn't have any cash attached to it ... and the cash earmarked for such a purchase may evaporate into landscaping expenses if my wife has her way ... :ROTFL:

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hey Marc
Jono,

When do your beta M10BW files and review hit the web? I am thinking another
high DR Crete Greek Isles style review...

And yes my order is in....would make a nice addition to my RED Epic.

Bob

jonoslack

Jono,

When do your beta M10BW files and review hit the web? I am thinking another
high DR Crete Greek Isles style review...

And yes my order is in....would make a nice addition to my RED Epic.

Bob
I wish . . . and I wouldn't mind a RED Epic to go with my M10 BW either!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Yep ... :)

However, my order is with my Leica dealer of over 20 years, and I already told him I will not brook another M8 surprise, nor accept a M digital camera without an LCD as has been rumored.

My assumption is that it will be a M9 camera with a new B&W sensor, not some all new camera with associated bugs and foibles.

We'll see ... my standing order doesn't have any cash attached to it ... and the cash earmarked for such a purchase may evaporate into landscaping expenses if my wife has her way ... :ROTFL:

-Marc
Hopefully, rose colored glasses aren't a necessary accessory in an aspirational monochrome world.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I would have thought you would need sepia coloured glasses with an aspirational B&W camera? :ROTFL:
They would have to be pinhole glasses as I would need to use it without any lenses ... having sold them all off wisely or unwisely to chase the S dragon.