The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

50 Lux arrived - couple of quick photos!

Double Negative

Not Available
The Bokeh maybe but I really like how reliable one can focus the new version (FLE), and the sme is true for the new Noctilux.
I am a believer that when calibrated accurate, and if a lens does not suffer from focus shift, one can focus very fast and accurate with a rangefinder camera.
Well yeah, no doubt. No more focus shift is a beautiful thing. One less thing to worry about. For the Sonnar ZM I'm willing to make an exception, but generally it's just a PITA.

I'm with you - I've never had a problem focusing any lens on an RF. Of course, getting my eyesight corrected for helped a lot (I use a Walter RX Eyepiece), but that's my problem not the camera's.

That's exactly my feeling of the bokeh as well. Though I prefer the pre-FLE over the FLE. Heh. :)
Find a 35 lux version 1 with insignificant focus shift, just a fantastic lens. My sample has never caused a focus problem in 5 years of shooting, (between 1.4 and 8) and as much as I love the 50 lux, it's on my M9 90% of the time.

ashwinrao1

Congrats on the lens, Armando, and sorry to just see this thread now....The 50 lux asph is great, and the 35 lux FLE or prior ASPH are both fantastic...can't go wrong there. As mentioned already, The 35 lux FLE has a bit more life/soul/character/whathaveyou than the 50 lux asph, which is more perfected...And the prior asph seems to render a gentler bokeh...I like the FLE version the best, but it's the one I have LOL

Armanius

Thanks Ashwin! It is a great lens indeed! Kinda pricey though. But I suppose I can make myself feel better by saying that it's less than 1/2 the price of a Noct! ;)

D&A

Congrats on the 50mm Lux asph...it never ceases to amaze me. I too am not a big fan of the new FLE. I like that it doesn't focus shift and it is most definitely, sharp edge to edge...it just has a look and a bokeh that doesn't quite have a signature or charater in my opinion. The bokeh too is something thats is more appeaking in the pre FLE version. In comparison, the 50mm Lux asph, regardless of how sharp it is, does have a look that appeals to many, even those that also love the pre asph version.

One 35mm to consider is, especially if watching the $$ is the new VC 35mm f1.2 II. If anything, it draws similary to the pre FLE Leica 35mm asph and may even be sharper in the central part of the frame, especially when used wide open. It doesn't exhibiut focus shift to any noticable degree. The one drawback to some is the physical size of the lens but except for that, it has a lot going for it and a lot of users who loved the look and performance of the pre FLE 35mm asph except for its focus shift, have now graviated to this VC lens. Just presenting some alternatives.

Dave (D&A)