The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So, I'm doing the new shutter...

jonoslack

Leica service .. so nearly so good.

My M8 went back to Solms last Thursday (10 days ago) by Wednesday it was 'repair complete' and shipped . . . should have arrived on Thursday, so I waited in . . . . . hmmmm I emailed for a tracking number . . . none was forthcoming. Today I waited in again, then rang this afternoon. They'd sent it to a Leica dealer in Germany by mistake :(

Apologetic . . .yes . . . efficient . . no. We're off to Cornwall for a few days tomorrow, and they've promised to get it shipped to me down there.

I'll keep you posted!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Body number 2 just returned from NJ an second verse is as sweet as the first!

jlm

Workshop Member
just got mine back...9 days turnaround, as promised.

I'm a tight framer and like to print as full frame as possible. first thing i did was mount the 75 cron and o'boy, the frame lines are perfect for a 2 meter distance. I was hating using that lens, but now, wysiwyg! i only got the shutter in the hope that a new, less stressed one would be more long lived.

even if all you do is get the framelines and the warranty, it seems a very worthwhile deal

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I bought an upgraded M8 (shutter and framelines) from a good friend here on the forum. I LOVE the new shutter - much softer and quieter. Although I do miss 1/8000 shutter speed.

The framelines are more accurate, but that wasn't as big of a deal to me, as I'm pretty loose in my framing anyway. But the viewfinder appears now to be a tad brighter and clearer with the new framelines.

Overall, a nice upgrade.

TimWright

Mine went in today on it's way to NJ. Shutter and framelines. I was going to hold off with the Canadian dollar value where it is but warranty is up at the end of this month and I have a trip coming up.