The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another New/Old lens for the Leicas

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Have been hunting one of these in mint condition and the Brown truck brought it today. It's mainly for the IIIG Leica to give me a a fast LTM for it but I'm sure it will see some time on the M8. Where's that 50 LTM to M-mount adapter?

kevin

It's a better lens that its internet reputation, and it works quite well with a digital sensor. Here's an example from my "mint" copy on an R-D1...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I figured it would be better than its internet reputation. Too many are obsessed with "sharpness" rather than light. I look for light more than "sharpness."

I guess I like Goethe crying to the end, "More light."

Hacker

It's a better lens that its internet reputation, and it works quite well with a digital sensor. Here's an example from my "mint" copy on an R-D1...

Nice mix of colors in the picture, and your daughter has very nice blue eyes. :thumbup:

helenhill

Coool John,
Congrats!!
Look forward to some pixs
I love the old canon lenses....they hsve a wonderful warm Glow & Charm
I have a 35/1.8 and 28/2.8

that 50 looks Divine..... Where did you find it, if I may ask ?

BTW, Great Shot KEVIN
Cheers! Helen

kevin

Thanks! My daughter is a patient model... and that comes in handy when working at f1.2 :salute: