The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R lenses adapted to Canon

benroy

Subscriber Member
60/2.8 Macro-Elmarit/ 5DII

None of the following pics are meant to produce shock and awe...just an attempt to show that there is plenty of life left in these old beauties.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

Hi there Roy,

you seem to have been quite busy :)
And you're showing some very nice work of your colourful surrounding.
My favourite shot of these four series is the one with that tiny lizard: good catch !

I have three R-lenses; APO-Macro-Elmarit 2.8/100, Vario-Elmarit 2.8-4.5/28-90 and the Vario-Elmar 4.0/70-210.
So far I've got only the Macro converted to Pentax K-mount.

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Leica 135/2.8R/5DII...in the garden after the sprinklers shut down.

Last edited:

dmabry2010

Hello!

I have been using a few R lenses with NEX-7. The focus peaking really helps.

But, I am interested in a full frame, which as I am sure you know, the NEX-7 is not.. So, as an alternate to the NEX-7 how do you find the manual focusing with your Canon?

Thank you for any insight you may be able to offer!

Michael

This is not a very active thread it seems.

I have an Elmarit 28 3 cam and Macro-Elmarit 60, and use both on my Nex5N and 1D Mk III.
I bought another focus screen for the Canon, an Eg screen I think, and I don't find MF too difficult.
My 28 is not the best version however after only a few shots I am very happy with the Macro-Elmarit 60 and the 1.3 factor on the 1D means it's almost like a long standard prime.