The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help!! M8 banding problem repair

ark8012

Hello,

I recently got a Leica M8, which is my first digital M.

It has very early serical number, and about 15000 actuations.

I was so excited to get the body,,,, but when I check some test shots..

I found the Bandings on my pics. All of pics with ISO 640.. and a few with ISO 320 with under exposure.

What would be the best choice for repair in the US?? and whoever recently repair it, could you please tell me how and how much you paid.

I have checked dead pixels with PixelFixer, it did not solve the banding problem. so I guess it is not a dead pixel problem.

I am trying to solve the problem rather than refund... Please advise.

Terry

Post samples with both good exposure and underexposed so people can see what you are seeing.

dude163

Your red box is confusing my eyes :)

but if its giving you banding Id get a refund if I was you and grab another M8 instead

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Banding is a serious problem on an M8 . I sold an M8.2 that developed banding after I sold it at Iso 1250...it cost $1500 to repair it . If you had only had this camera for a few weeks or less I would do everything I could to return it to the seller. You should not be responsible for the repair .

ark8012

Banding is a serious problem on an M8 . I sold an M8.2 that developed banding after I sold it at Iso 1250...it cost $1500 to repair it . If you had only had this camera for a few weeks or less I would do everything I could to return it to the seller. You should not be responsible for the repair .

Wow, $1500 for repair??

Could you please tell me when did you repair your M8.2?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
To the best of my knowledge you can only get this type of repair through Leica device. My advice is to work on returning it to the seller . My M8.2 developed this about 6 months after I sold it to a get dpi member and he had resold it to another before it showed up. We split the repair among 3 owners and got the repair done by Leica in NJ USA.

If the camera was newer you might get Leica to repair this under warranty but as its an original M8 ...this would appear unlikely.

ark8012

Thank you all who gave answers for what it is.

It turned out the M8 needs a remapping.

I think it is fixable problem rather than replacement of the whole sensor.