The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8, 2500 ISO and C1 Pro v. 4.5

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
The new version of C1 Pro is finally up on Phase One's website. It's another large, complex piece of software, with it's own quirks and keyboard shortcuts. It's going to take a while to get anywhere near mastery of it.

So why bother? Preliminarily I think it may have the potential to do a better job on M8 high ISO files than anything that's gone before it. I've posted comparisons below - to tell whether this really works (ie doesn't result in a too plasticy look) I'm going to need to shoot for the next couple of days at 2500 to generate a bunch of files to work with.

It would be great if anyone else out there with the new C1 Pro could use it on some high ISO files and post the results.

The samples were properly exposed in tungsten light at 2500 iso. No heroics in terms of digging for shadow detail.

The current ACR (the one that downloaded yesterday). I nudged up the noise sliders until it looked pretty good, but not too plasticy.

View attachment 8376

C1 Pro v. 4.5. The defaults on sharpening and noise reduction (it reads the file or its exif info and adjusts the defaults accordingly).

View attachment 8377

Same file but subsequently processed with the AKVIS plug in, using the autodetect settings.

View attachment 8378

K

kitty

From your sample I prefer ACR noise pattern.
But I notice the color is difference between ACR and C1.
Which one is correct?

Kitty