The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m9 black conversion is possible

faneuil

Just called Leica NJ - I didn't realize you can change color (top and bottom plates) of your M9 without having to go the M9-P upgrade route.

I just want to change from steel gray to black. I don't need sapphire LCD glass!

F

folville

How much does it cost, and will the vulcanite/leatherette also be changed?

Now, the really interesting question (the one I thought this thread would address), is whether the M9 can be upgraded to M9-M.

faneuil

not sure of price yet. also contacted DAG. (not a slight, I just forgot about his expert work with Leicas)

Double Negative

Not Available
Hmm, interesting! I mean, I don't see why not if you're willing to pay... It's similar to "upgrading" to the M9-P sans the other minor bits.

Definitely keep us posted on the price.

faneuil

DAG was very helpful. Upshot: conversion was silly expensive because Leica wanted $750 for black top plate and about half that for bottom plate. Prob better to go MP conversion route and get warranty as well.

Eric